We have an abundance of tomatoes – too much really. Take a look. The baby tomatoes were for the salad for which I have the recipe below – and the large ones were for the tomato soup ( also described below). Same for the yellow tomatoes.
So this morning I made yellow tomato soup ( roasting the yellow tomatoes first then adding vegetable stock and seasoning, bringing to a boil and blending), red roasted tomato soup (same idea) and also a roasted cherry tomato salad with fresh mint – all grown at The Little Farm. Here are some of the zucchini, peppers, squash and cucumbers. I am experimenting with Zucchini Jam ( along with Meyer lemons and fresh ginger all grown on the farm tomorrow )- and will share it with you if it works out! With fresh corn from the farm and baby arugula salad with fresh ricotta from our goats milk – it was a a gourmet feast for lunch! ENJOY!
Roasted Cherry Tomato Salad with Mint
- 6 cups of cherry tomatoes cut in half and enough to spread in one layer on a cookie pan
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt or to taste
- 4 shallots thinly sliced
- Two cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- A bunch of fresh mint leaves
Optional: sprinkle feta or ricotta onto the salad before serving
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees
- Spread the tomatoes onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Sprinkle the sliced onions and garlic over the layer
- Sprinkle the salt and drizzle the olive oil onto the tomatoes
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes until slightly browned and caramelized
- Place in a bowl and snip some fresh mint into it and serve immediately with or without feta and ricotta