Chicken Noodle Soup does seem to have medicinal qualities for me – and for many others – although I am not sure that is scientific but it sure comforts me. This recipe takes a slightly different angle on it – and is delicious. We grow our own bok choy, ginger, onion, and love cooking with all of it!
Bok Choy Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- 1.5 tbsp. of minced fresh ginger
- 1 8 ounce packet of pre-sliced mushrooms – any kind – cremini are best
- 4/5 cups of unsalted chicken stock
- 1/5 cups of shredded skinless rotisserie chicken breast
- 3 cups of chopped Bok Choy
- Precooked brown rice or cooked noodles
- 1 tbsp.Ponzu (or soy) sauce
- ½ tsp of kosher salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium high.
- Add onion ginger and sauté 5 mins.
- Add mushrooms sauté 2 mins.
- Add stock chicken and boy choy.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat and simmer 10 mins.
- Stir cooked rice or noodles, Ponzu sauce, salt and pepper into soup cook 5 minutes till Bok Choy is tender.
- Take off from heat and stir in lemon rind and juice
- Serve in large generous bowls – YUM!