I found this recipe for Carrot Cake – and tried it . OMG it is divine. I could eat the frosting all on its own – huge temptation while making this. So use the recipe on a NON DIET day. It’s too delicious to miss!
1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 1/2 cups milk
1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
2 cups grated carrots
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Pinch ground cloves
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans ( I left these out – am not crazy about nuts in/on cakes)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, beat dry pudding mix and milk with whisk 2 minutes. Stir in cake mix, carrots, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Spread batter evenly in pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely in pan, about 1 hour.
4. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla and powdered sugar until combined.
5. Spread frosting evenly over top of cooled cake. Sprinkle top with pecans.
Yes it packs the calories – one slice is 320 – but its worth it!
Save calories all week to indulge on this on the weekend. I forgot to take pictures – so I borrowed a photo from a website called Chefs Tips – which had a photo of a cake that looked similar to ours. ENJOY!