There are so many wonderful potatoes around now – that making a winter medley with children is so much fun. My grandsons love to help! And this is a really easy delicious recipe.
- Assorted potatoes in season – Yukon Gold, Sweet potatoes and Yams, about half a potato per person
- A sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup of olive oil spread among two baking pans
- Patience with the little ones!
- Heat the oven to 395 degrees
- Chop the rosemary leaves into small pieces
- Peel the potatoes and cube
- Place potatoes into the pans which have a little olive oil drizzled on the bottom
- Salt and pepper to taste – drizzle the rest of the olive oil on top of the potatoes
- Sprinkle the chopped rosemary leaves onto the potatoes
- Bake for one hour or until tender and a little bit browned
- Serve with anything – chicken, beef, lamb or with goat cheese sprinkled on top as a main dish ( we make our own)! YUMMY! Here is Jonah who is snacking on carrots while helping out. His favorite breakfast, lunch and dinner is broccoli, carrots and peppers. Gotta love this child!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE VIDEO in this blog – for the finer details on how to cook with kids so that they don’t cut themselves, and enjoy the process while you still get the job done!