I love cooking as you probably realized by now – and my grandchildren love it too! They run in, give me a hug, and put on their aprons! Pulling up their chairs to the counter they are ready to roll – preferably to make cookies and cakes although ‘Cheesy Eggs’ are a definite favorite! Here is that recipe.
- One egg per child ( possibly two per adult!)
- Dash of milk
- 2 Tbsp of Butter unsalted
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded cheese ( Cheddar is good)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crack the eggs into a bowl – the children love to do this so be prepared for shell chips! It really is no big deal – just slide them out and relax!
- Add a dash of milk – children do not know what a dash is – so a tablespoon is a good measure to use!
- Whisk – this is the fun part. I have a small colorful whisk per child – they LOVE to do it – and again prepare yourself for a mess – just mop it up ( also a good reason to add a few more eggs than are needed as some ends up on the counter or on the floor).
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and pour the whisked mixture in
- Keep the heat on medium low and begin scraping the sides and bottom of the pan with a spatula.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir into the mixture until all is cooked
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed