Came across this recipe and tried it out. It was really divine. So easy and quick too. We grow our own garlic, rosemary, onions, swiss chard, thyme, etc etc – so it was easy to pull together. Just had to buy the fish from Amazon Fresh – which delivers here three times a week -what a BLESSING that service is – the best freshest fish and meat and so much more. I am a HUGE fan!
1. Heat a large cast iron pan or grill pan over high. Add tomato slices to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until well charred. Place tomatoes in a blender. Add parsley, capers, 1/4 cup olive oil, rosemary, juice, vinegar, 2 garlic cloves, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; blend until smooth.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add bell peppers, shallot, and sliced garlic cloves; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add chard; sauté 2 minutes or until just wilted. Remove from heat; stir in chopped basil.
3. Sprinkle trout inside and out evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread charred tomato mixture in bottom of a 9- x 13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle olives over tomato mixture; spread thyme sprigs over mixture. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add 2 trout to pan; cook 2 minutes or until skin is golden brown. Turn trout over; cook 2 minutes. Place browned trout in prepared baking dish. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 trout.
5. Cover the tops of the trout with the swiss chard mixture
6. Place baking dish in oven; bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or less until trout is just cooked through.