Max Arteaga Blue Cheese Pineapple Sauce
Max is our farm manager – and is an amazing cook, florist and handyman – and he and his family are friends since he has worked for us for 34 years. A beautiful story of success!
- One whole pineapple ( peeled and cored)
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds – roasted in a pan for 10 mins medium heat watch it ALL the time as these can burn
- 1/2 lb of Blue Cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- Sliced sweet white onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the pineapple pieces with the onion and garlic in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cool the mixture then blend it with the Blue Cheese and the Roasted Pumpkin seeds
- Use the sauce cold as a dip or hot over fish, chicken or meat ( even vegetables)
I worked out the calories on this as I was concerned it would be high – and its 200 calories for a half a cup. Not too terrible.