- Ripe persimmons enough to make two cups of pulp
- 3 cups of milk
- 1.5 cups of sugar I used brown
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- I tsp of vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped nuts optional ( I didn’t use)
- Whipped Cream ( I didn’t use)
- Heat the oven to 350 and remove the skin and seeds from persimmons and puree the pulp in a blender or food processor.
- In a large bowl combine the pulp milk sugar eggs flour baking soda baking powder vanilla extract and cinnamon until well mixed.
- Stir in the chopped nuts if desired.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased 9-13 pan and bake for 70 minutes until knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream. Serves 8.
Below is a glorious picture of our son and daughter in law and their four adorable little boys – how blessed we are!