My good friend Carol makes a divine ice cream cake. It takes time which is the only little problem -but it is divine – and so – it is worth it! Enjoy!
- Oreo’s with cream inside – 4 boxes
- 1/4 lb of butter – softened to the point of liquidity
- Ice cream of any flavor – three kinds – a quart of each kind
- An aluminum baking pan ( rectangle)
- Put four packets of Oreos into the blender plus butter liquified and mix
- Pour into deep four inch aluminum foil baking pan – press into pan and up the sides – Freeze the mixture.
- Then spread the first layer of ice cream and freeze again.
- Then add more crumbled cookies/butter and freeze again
- Then add more ice cream ( different flavor) and sprinkle the crust onto it again and freeze
- Then add one more layer ( different kind) of ice cream and freeze
- Then turn the aluminum pan upside down just before serving and peel off the pan and serve immediately