Slow Cooker Chicken – sooooo easy!
The children can help you make this – let them mix all the ingredients as instructed – and there is nothing for them to burn themselves on – as the slow cooker will heat up slowly – so actually a teenager could cook this meal without any adult supervision! Basmati Rice is an excellent accompaniment!
2-3lb Whole Chicken with Giblets removed
1/4 cup of butter ( softened)
1 tsp Lemon Pepper
1 tsp thyme ( fresh is best)
1 thick slice of lemon
2 Cloves of garlic crushed
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tsp seasoned salt
Cracked black pepper to taste
1. Rinse chicken, pat dry with paper towels and loosen skin under breast and thighs.
2. Put lemon slice into the clean chicken cavity
3. Mix butter and pepper and push under the skin
4. Put chicken into slow cooker.
5. Mix thyme, olive oil, salt, pepper and rub into the skin of the chicken
6. Cook on low for 6-8 hours ( perfect if you put it in before you leave for work – and its ready when you come home – even if you are delayed!)
Cook up some rice in a rice cooker that will keep hot (cook on a timer which most rice cooker’s have) and serve with some cherry tomatoes and sliced cucumbers for a really healthy dinner! ENJOY!