Hi – I am still struggling with a crashed hard drive and replacements – but as promised here is the recipe for Tasty Thursdays!
Baked Apples Little Farm Style ( Serves 6)
6 Granny Smith ( Green) Apples (one per person)
1.5 Cups of Dried Sweetened Cranberries
2 Tbsp of Butter ( 1 tsp per apple)
6 Tbsp of Brown Sugar ( 1 Tbsp per apple)
6 Tbsp of Sour Cream ( 1 Tbsp per apple – I use non fat)
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash the apples and core them ( ie take the middle stem pits and hard stuff out in a core leaving the apple intact but with a hole in the middle almost all the way through. If you can core them without cutting all the way through, that will prevent the yummy mixture from leaking all over your baking pan
3. Mix the sugar, butter and cranberries together then stuff the mixture into each of the empty apple core in the centre again trying not to piece the bottom to conserve the mixture inside.
4. On a baking pan with sides ( rectangular or square is fine) spray some Pam or Canola on the bottom and sides, and then place the stuffed apples into the pan – 6 should be able to fit nicely.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until the apples look soft, and are beginning to brown slightly on top. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes – or little ones will burn their mouths as the inside of the apples gets very hot.
6. Serve with a tablespoon of sour cream on top – with a little brown sugar sprinkled on top of that. Delicious with vanilla icecream too!