Tres Leches Cake
I tried this recipe a few times until I gave up – the amounts just didn’t work – the cake pan was too big, and the liquids appeared too runny.
So I turned to Betty Crocker – and voila! Her recipe was fool proof! Here it is!
- Prep Time15MIN
- Total Time1HR55MIN
- box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4
- cups water
- tablespoon vegetable oil
- teaspoons vanilla
- can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- cup whole milk or evaporated milk
- cup whipping cream
- container Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy white frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease and flour or spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake as directed on box for 13×9-inch pan. Let stand 5 minutes. Poke top of hot cake every 1/2 inch with long-tined fork, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking.
- In large bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, whole milk and whipping cream. Carefully pour evenly over top of cake. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour or until mixture is absorbed into cake. Frost with frosting. Store covered in refrigerator.
This entry was posted in Blog
, Raising Children
, Recipes to Make with Children
and tagged baking with kids
, Betty Crocker Cakes
, cake mix
, cooking with kids
, evaporated milk
, grandma and grandkids
, heavy whipping cream
, holiday season
, Mexican Delicacy
, sweetened condensed milk
, Tres Leches Cake
. Bookmark the permalink