Magic Lemon Parmesan Salad Dressing ( serves about 4 people)
- Juice of two lemons
- 4 tbsp of very finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup of oil ( generally it’s 3 parts of oil to 1 part of lemon juice or if you prefer a more lemony dressing – 2/2)
- Garlic Salt or Lemon Salt/Pepper combination to taste
- Squeeze two lemons into a small dish ( remove all the pits).
- Add the oil and the seasonings. ( I have also added chopped rosemary, or oregano, or basil or Italian parsley or other fresh herbs about 2 Tbsp)
- Whisk well.
- Add the Parmesan. Whisk well again. The mixture should become creamy.
- Prepare the salad ( I use fresh torn greens, feta cheese, chopped tomatoes and chopped cucumber, chopped carrots and 2 chopped pitted dates with 2 Tbsp of chopped red onion). Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Whisk the dressing well before serving and do NOT dress the salad until everyone is seated and ready to eat ( sort of like Risotto – the people wait for Risotto – Risotto NEVER waits for people – see my cookbook “Made With Love – The Italian Way” for more on the Risotto!)
- Dress the salad lightly – folks can always add more dressing – and serve immediately! YUM!