Summer means BBQ and August means that summer is still with us and it’s HOT HOT HOT! Even more reason to cook outdoors. Put on your favorite music and BOOGIE while you are cooking and it will be more fun. Try The Broken Robot Song our favorite! Sam, The Broken Robot Thanks YOU!
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Juice of one meyer lemon
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 large white or yellow onions sliced thickly
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 chicken breasts skinless and boneless cut into pieces ( three pieces if large)
- 6 chicken thighs skinless and boneless
- Make marinade: Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour into a large plastic bag ( like a small garbage bag) and add the chicken pieces.
- Shake and squeeze the contents of the bag well then place in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to BBQ heat the grill until medium hot then place the chicken onto the grill.
- Cook until clear liquid comes out of the chicken when poked with a skewer, and browned all over, turning occasionally while basting with the marinade.
- Also cook the onions on the grill to go with the chicken they are yummy!
- Serve with a great tomato,onion, cucumber chopped salad ( see next posting!!)